High waters can catch Florida homeowners off guard whether you live along the coast in Punta Rassa or inland near Buckingham. That is why having the right level of insurance is a must. Protect your family and your home from any unexpected weather patterns in SWFL with flood insurance coverage from SWFL Insurance Agency.
Just because flood insurance isn’t mandatory, it doesn’t mean it’s not a good idea.
Just 6 inches of water can cause over $25,000 in damage to your home and valuables. Did you know…
- Floods are Americas #1 natural disaster
- Every property in Florida is in a flood zone
- Flood is excluded under your Homeowners policy and Business owners policy
- Nearly 1 in 4 claims come from homeowners not required to carry flood insurance
- Flood insurance can be purchased to protect the structure of your house, as well as the contents
- Flood can be caused by heavy and lengthy rainfalls, blocked storm drainage systems, storm surges and more
There may be a 30 day waiting period before your policy goes into effect – so act now. Remember, once a Hurricane is near Florida, flood and wind coverage cannot be purchased. Plan ahead. Call us today or fill out the free flood quote form to secure your property against disaster.
In Lee County, determine which Flood Zone your property is located in. Go to Lee Flood Maps . In Collier and Charlotte, you should contact their county government.
Flood Insurance Premiums are determined by the type of structure, FEMA Flood zone and the required elevation, and the elevation of the first living floor as determined by the Certified Elevation Certificate prepared by a land surveyor. The higher your floor elevation is above the required elevation, the lower your premium.
If your elevation is lower than the required elevation, you could be paying big premiums and you should call us about Private Flood Insurance......we may save you money.
Call Brooke 239-265-9577 Lee County
Call Amber 941-624-34444 Charlotte County
Call Heather 239-649-4442 Collier County