Contact Us / Claims Reporting
SWFL Insurance Agency / Fort Myers
Phone: 239-265-9577 Brooke
SWFL Insurance Agency / Port Charlotte
Phone: 941-624-3444 Amber
REPORTING YOUR CLAIM
You will need to provide the following....Name of Insured, address of property, nature of damage, contact person, cell number, policy number. Listen to Company Representative closely for instructions. You must contact your Insurance Company to report your claim. If you cannot get through by calling, go to company website for possible e-filing of claim.
Important Points to Remember When Reporting a Claim
- Take photos of the damage, exterior and interior. Make a list of damaged personal property items with estimated cost to replace.
- Take whatever steps you can to prevent further damage. Make sure it is safe to make the temporary repairs and you are not risking injury to yourself or your family and friends or risking further damage. Your claim representative can provide you with recommendations and advice for undertaking any repairs.
- Remember to keep all your receipts for any temporary repairs you make. Also retain receipts for living expenses as a result of the loss to your residence.
- While tempted to clean up as much as possible, especially after a hurricane, do not throw away household belongings such as furniture or any personal items until these items have been inspected by a Company Representative.
- Policyholders may be contacted by third party vendors to perform repairs. Please do not contract with any vendor except a vendor approved by Your Company. When you report your claim, ask about approved contractors. Non-approved contractors will ask policyholders to sign a form titled "Assignment of Benefits" -DO NOT SIGN IT. If you sign an Assignment of Benefits you will no longer have the right to receive any insurance payments from Your Company and such payments will belong to the contractor. This may result in repairs not being made, theft of insurance payouts, unlivable conditions in your home, and it will complicate, delay, reduce, and possibly result in the denial of a claim settlement.
- Policyholders should not sign any documents without obtaining permission from Your Company.
- Be careful of scams. Ask for Business Cards and License numbers when dealing with claims people and contractors.
- FEMA claim info can be found at https://www.fema.gov/individual-disaster-assistance ...Note... typically, you will need to file claim with your insurance company prior to filing claim with FEMA .
Claims toll free
homeowners / dwelling
Allstar underwriters (800) 424-0132 firstname.lastname@example.org
united p&c 1-888-256-3378 option 2
heritage 1-855-415-7120 Opt. 1
Universal P & C / American Platinum 1-800-470-0599
Universal North Am. 1-866-999-0898
federated national 1-800-293-2532
security first 1-877-581-4862
epic / avatar 1-877-233-3237
wright flood 1-800-725-9472
safeco 1-800-332-3226/ option 1