Homeowners Insurance does not cover everything, and then there is that Huge Hurricane Deductible…which could be 2% or more of the insured value of your home. Many policies do not cover pool cages, boat docks, awnings, trees, landscaping, etc. And then there are all the additional costs of generators, fuel, travel, etc.
And now….. along comes an innovative idea to help cover these costs…Insurance based on an event, not a loss.
You can use your payments to: (This is cash deposited to your account within 72 hours)
· Repair or replace swimming pool cages, boat docks, piers, seawalls
· Remove fallen trees and debris
· Restore landscaping
· Fix property damage not covered under your homeowners insurance
· Meet your hurricane deductible
· Pay additional living expenses
· Pay evacuation expenses
· Replace a mobile or manufactured home
· And more
Home types/structures covered: (no physical damage to your home is required to be paid)
· Single family homes
· Condominiums and Apartments
· Mobile homes, Manufactured homes
· Boat docks, car ports, entry structures, backyard patios, gazebos, fences and more
Causes of loss covered:
· Water damage from rain, flood or storm surge
· Flying debris
“This form of parametric insurance pays if specific parameters are met. In the case of hurricanes, the parameters are strength of the hurricane and distance of the insured property from the hurricane track. These parameters are easily available and verifiable, without the need for deductible, adjusters or a lengthy claims process.”
“Claims are paid electronically within 72 hours of an Hurricane Event, no claims representatives, no waiting for payment! Claims payments can be used to pay for ANY losses that occur from a named hurricane. Exclusions include items such as: intentional loss, illegal acts, and neglect. The average policy offers $5K of coverage, has a $0 Deductible, and costs about $300 annually. Coverage limits up to $60K are available.” Coverage is underwritten by an insurance carrier with an A.M.Best rating: A- (Excellent), and backed by a global reinsurer with A.M. Best rating: A+ (Superior).
Contact SWFL Insurance Agency, Inc. for a quote or information.
239-265-9577 Fort Myers / 941-624-3444 Port Charlotte / info@SWFL Agency.com