When living in a condominium in SWFL, it is imperative that unit owners purchase condominium homeowners insurance. The best way to go about finding a policy that provides adequate coverage is by speaking with an agent at SWFL Insurance Agency.
Your condo association likely has insurance covering only the common areas and grounds of your condominium complex. You are responsible for insuring your individual, personal interests within your unit. You will need both personal property and liability insurance. If a slip and fall or fire occurs inside your condo, you’ll need the protection. Most condo owner policies offer the following important protection:
- Dwelling – Improvements within the perimeter walls of your unit and improvements you may have made to unit. Includes flooring, cabinets, plumbing fixtures, etc. subject to your condominium documents.
- Personal Property Coverage – Your contents of your unit
- Personal Liability Protection – For you and your premises
- Additional Living Expenses-- Additional expenses incurred after a loss
- Loss Assessment Coverage – Assessments from the Condo Association
For an in depth discussion of Additions and Alterations, go to the Blog article entitled
When purchasing a condo insurance policy in Florida, it is important to know the full value of the items that are being insured. This will help ensure that you receive full compensation when your property is damaged, lost or stolen. Personal articles such as silverware, jewelry, guns may have stated maximum coverage limits under the basic policy. Additional coverage can be provided.
We can help you find the right coverage at an affordable price. Call us today or fill out the free Condo quote form to start your savings.
Want to know more about your Condo Owners Policy, check out Condominium Owners Policy
ASK us about Condo Owners Policies that include Hurricane and Wind and are available on the Islands and Beachfront. These policies can be written for properties that are rented weekly.
Call 239-265-9577 or Email us at Info@SWFLAgency.com