Example…..1982 Home in South Ft. Myers. Frame construction, new roof, metal clips with 2 nails. Value at $ 378,000. Annual Homeowner Premium is $4,450.
Same Home after retrofit adding Third Nail to top and bottom of metal clips…Cost of $900. Value at $ 378,000. Annual Homeowner Premium is $ 2,777.
Annual Premium Savings of $1,673. Each and every year. That is a No Brainer. (Note: Every Home is different)
How can I determine if my Home will benefit from a Hurricane Strap Retrofit adding the Third Nail?
- If your home was constructed prior to the year 2000, you are a candidate.
- Review of your present Wind Mitigation Report.
- If your report is dated prior to 2012, your insurance company will probably require a new report on the new Revised 2012 OIR-B1-1802 form. If you need a new inspection, call your inspector or call SWFL Insurance Agency at 239-265-9577.
- On the new 2012 inspection form, review Item 4, Roof to Wall Attachment. If “Toe Nails” is checked, you can definitely benefit from a Hurricane Strap Retrofit adding the Third Nail.
- Once you have your Wind Mitigation Report on the Rev.2012 form, call SWFL Insurance Agency at 239-265-9577 for a Premium Quote Comparison for adding the Third Nail.
- Once you have the New Premium Quotes, you can determine the savings and decide if it makes economic sense to have the Hurricane Strap Retrofit completed. If you want to proceed, we will put you in touch with licensed contractors who can complete the retrofit. Typical cost for Retrofit is $900 to $1,000.
Questions? Call us at 239-265-9577 or Email at Info@swflagency.com
SWFL Insurance Agency, Inc.