Keeping Teens Safe on Florida Roads

Letting teens drive is always difficult. No matter what, it’s hard to let someone so young take the wheel and then let them go off on their own. Car’s are such a huge responsibility, and it’s difficult to instill in them just how important it is that they drive safe. Without scaring them completely, here are some tips to keep them safe on the road. 

Planning Ahead 

Safe-driving courses are an absolute must, and they can really help teens understand what they need to do for a better drive. Not only will they get courses in a classroom but also real experience with an experienced instructor. You may even be able to find courses online, so your teen can pick their own schedule. This may also qualify teens for lower insurance rates which can be a help for everyone. You’ll also want to invest in the right car. Newer cars just tend to have the best safety features, and airbags, Automatic Emergency Breaking and rearview cameras really do keep people safer than if they have older vehicles.  

Talk to Them 

Your teen definitely doesn’t want to hear a lecture, but that doesn’t give you the right to stay silent on the matter. Do everything possible to talk to them about defensive driving and how dangerous it is to drink and drive. Remind them that it is always better to call you then to try to come back drunk. Make every attempt to have it be a dialog, so you’re both on the same page. 

Insurance Today

In SWFL Insurance Agency Inc. serves Fort Myers, FL for your teen’s insurance needs. Gives us a call for a quote to see just how easy it can be to set your child up with an affordable policy. 

Key Factors to Look At When Considering a Used Car

When shopping around for a used car, you don’t want to just rush out and take the first used vehicle that fits your needs. There are a few different key factors you need to consider when looking for a used car. At SWFL Insurance Agency Inc. we know just how important it is to find a reliable vehicle capable of handling your everyday driving needs. We also want to make sure you avoid purchasing an inferior model. That is why whenever you’re checking out used cars in and around Fort Meyer, FL, to always keep each of these factors in mind. 

Dealership Vs. Private Seller

When shopping around, you’ve probably noticed a private seller has better prices than a dealer. However, before you drive out to that person’s house to test drive the vehicle, unless you’re buying a car for a few hundred bucks, the dealership gives you a few benefits you won’t receive from a private seller. With the private seller, the sale is final and you really don’t have protection in this category. With a dealership, there is an establishment you can work with, it likely comes with some sort of warranty, and you can finance. So, while you might pay more with a private seller you’ll receive peace of mind. 


You’ve probably seen television commercials about checking a vehicle’s "Carfax." This is actually a very helpful piece of information you need to look over before buying a used car. It is essentially the doctor’s chart of a vehicle. It details the number of owners, past accidents, maintenance on the vehicle and other important information. This way, if you see a vehicle has had a dozen owners or suffers the same, repeated problem, you know it is best to avoid it. 

Sooo…..I Bought a New Car…No down and 72 months to pay…Problem?

Audi R8

YES. You are upside down as soon as you drive off the lot. What should you do now?  Make sure you have GAP Insurance…If not, request it on your auto policy pronto.

Gap insurance pays for the “Gap” between what you owe on your car and what it’s worth if it’s total loss in a covered accident, theft or other loss. Some providers—call it Loan/Lease Payoff coverage.

It’s easy to determine if you need it

A quick comparison between what you owe on your vehicle (info you can get from your lender) and what your vehicle is actually worth will help you determine if GAP is for you.

So ask: Do you owe more than the vehicle is currently worth …..You are “upside-down” on the loan ?

If so, and if the car were totaled, could you pay the difference between what you owe and what your vehicle is actually worth  today?

If the answer to that second question is no, then buying gap insurance is probably a solid choice.

What does gap insurance cover? Gap covers the difference between your vehicle’s value and what you owe.

So, let’s say you get into an accident and your insurance company declares the car a total loss. If you have gap insurance, the scenario would play out like this:

$28,000—Amount you owe your lender (principal and interest).

$25,000—Amount your insurance company says your vehicle is currently worth … which the insurance company calls the “actual cash value.”

$3,000—Difference between your loan balance and the “actual cash value” for the car.

$3,000—Additional amount your insurance company will pay if you have GAP Insurance.

Know that this is a simplified example and other terms could apply. Most insurance companies will have Loan/Lease Payoff coverage limits that will pay up to 25 percent of the actual cash value of your vehicle at the time of the loss. Still, that might easily make the coverage well worth a few extra dollars of premium. Coverage language can vary by company. Please review the policy form for coverage language.

Where do you get it? You can buy gap insurance a couple of ways: through your car your auto insurance company, dealer or lender.

The types of losses covered vary depending on the company providing the coverage, so be sure to clarify what is covered before making your decision. And, be aware that if you’re leasing a vehicle, leasing companies often include gap insurance in their contracts automatically.

The cost can vary, too. While most dealers and lenders offer the coverage, it may be cheaper to buy it through your insurance company. Plus, you get the benefit of having it billed as part of your total insurance premium, and generally speaking, the claims process is smoother as you’re working with just one company and one claims representative in the event of a loss.

A couple more things to note about Gap Insurance:

  • To buy the coverage, your lender must be a financial institution rather than an individual and your policy must have comprehensive and collision for the vehicle.
  • To use the coverage, your claim must be covered under comprehensive or collision and your vehicle must be determined a total loss.

Call SWFL Insurance Agency at 239-265-9577 for an Personal Auto quote with GAP Coverage.  Travelers and Hartford have Great Rates.  It only takes a few minutes to a premium quote.


What the heck is an LSV (Low Speed Vehicle)?


Sooo…..You purchased a gas powered “golf cart” that you want to use on the streets in your neighborhood and to take with you on vacation in the Keys. What kind of insurance do I need to purchase? Do I buy car insurance or what? What if my Homeowners Association requires insurance? Did you hear the one about the grand parent who ran over someone with a golf cart in the street and they died?

Does your new vehicle qualify as a Golf Cart or a Low Speed Vehicle? Be careful. If the vehicle is to be used on the street and is registered, then it will most likely have to be insured as an LSV on an Auto Policy with at least Personal Injury Protection and Property Damage Liability. 

If it is a Low Speed Vehicle (LSV), it must meet all of the following Qualifications: 

  • Registered for street use.
  • Can travel in excess of 20 mph, but no more than 25 mph.
  • Has all of the following:
    • Headlights
    • Front & rear turn signals
    • Tail lights
    • Stop lights
    • Reflex reflectors (reflectors on sides of the vehicle)
    • Exterior mirrors mounted on driver’s & passenger’s side of the car or an interior mirror
    • Parking brake
    • Windshield
    • Seat belts
    • 17 Digit VIN – Exception: Not all golf carts/low speed vehicles have a VIN, if that is the case enter all X’s in the VIN field.

If the vehicle is a golf cart that has been converted to an LSV, the Florida title will have a department assigned identification number starting with “FLA”.

 If the vehicle or golf cart qualifies as an LSV, the vehicle must be insured under an “auto” policy that includes PIP (Personal Injury Protection) and PD (Property Damage Liability) at a minimum. Typically there must be an auto policy in force that the LSV will be added to. Progressive Insurance has a program to cover the Golf Cart, the LSV, the Motorcycle, the ATV and other motorized vehicles. If the golf cart does not qualify as an LSV, the vehicle needs to be written in a Motorcycle program. Golf carts that are not registered for street use and are capable of speeds less than 20 mph are acceptable in the MC program. The Motorcycle program does not offer PIP coverage and will not satisfy the statutory requirement of an LSV registered for street use.

Exception for Florida: Progressive Insurance accepts Low Speed Vehicles converted to golf carts in the Motorcycle program if it travels at a speed not to exceed 20 miles per hour. Rates as an off-road use to comply with golf cart; however, may be driven on roads on private property, within gated communities, etc. Please review this brochure from the Florida DMV for more information. Not having the proper coverage can get your drivers license suspended.  

 If you have any questions, contact SWFL Insurance Agency for a review of your vehicle and how to insure it.

SWFL Insurance Agency        239-265-9577   

Personal Auto Insurance… “Business Use” and the Realtor


Sooo…..You are headed to Sanibel to show a condominium to a new customer, who you have just picked up at SWFL International Airport. You are talking with the client, who is seated in the passenger seat.  A text comes in on your phone, you look down… 3 lanes of traffic in front of you STOP…..and you do not.  The accident totals your car, and both you and your passenger are seriously injured and taken to hospital.  What happens next??

How is your insurance going to respond? Let’s first look at what auto insurance coverage you have purchased.  Soooo….You went online and purchased what you thought was an adequate policy, a Personal Auto Policy.  You did not research the language in the policy and you filled in the blanks of the online app with the “easiest” answers that you thought would get you the cheapest premium.

Here are some important points to remember……

A Realtor’s largest “Liability Loss Exposure” probably comes from the amount of “on the job” driving that they do. Personal automobile insurance policies typically will not cover a vehicle that is intended for “regular business use,” which is defined differently depending on the policy. Many personal lines policies put restrictions on how much you can actually drive your personal vehicle for work and whether you can carry customers. ASK YOUR AGENT. Make sure he is aware of how you use your vehicle.

If you use your vehicle for “Business Use” most of the time, you should definitely consider purchasing a Business Auto Insurance Policy. Realtors are typically on the road most of their working day. There are “blurred lines” as to when you are “on the job” and when you are on “personal time”.

Are you doing business under an S Corporation or LLC? Your “business use” vehicle should be insured under a Business or Commercial Auto Policy with the business entity being the “named insured ” and your name should be shown as an “Additional Named Insured”.  Your RE Broker should be shown as an Additional Named Insured on this policy.

You have a “higher duty” to be properly insured when you are carrying customers and working under a RE Broker. Take the risk out being properly insured, use the Business Auto Policy.

Always carry Medical Payments at the highest limits available. This coverage will be available to your passengers.

Personal Injury Protection – PIP coverage will typically respond for you and your passengers. This provides some medical and lost wage coverage.  Your out of state customer may not have PIP coverage available.

Always carry Uninsured Motorist coverage at the same limits as your Bodily Injury Limits. UM will typically respond for passengers when an Under or Uninsured Motorist is the cause of the accident with your vehicle.

Always carry the Bodily Injury and Property Damage Limits at the highest limits that you can afford to protect you and your business entity for “at fault” accidents.

Request Drive Other Car coverage to provide protection when you are renting a vehicle.

If you have a personal vehicle, titled in your name and insured in your name, be very careful using this vehicle for business. Have your agent confirm that your present policy will respond should you have and accident while on the job and carrying clients.  Do not assume that you have coverage.

Always read and understand the intent of the insurance policy that you are buying.

Call SWFL Insurance Agency at 239-265-9577 for a review of your present coverage and a premium proposal.


Some Really Bad Auto Insurance Decisions that you will Regret….


We often forget that our auto insurance policies are contracts. Besides paying your premium on time, in order to keep your car insurance rates down you should abide by your car insurance company’s rules.

But how can you abide by the rules when you don’t even know what they are?

Here are 10 common scenarios that people ask about.  If any of these hit close to home, quickly fix the issue before you get in a pickle.

  1. You haven’t added a licensed teen to your car insurance policy.

Withholding information about your teenage driver from your car insurance company is a big no-no.  They will find out….They will either increase your premiums or cancel your policy.  If there is an accident before they find out, the company can deny the claim and cancel your policy or cover the claim and request all back adjusted premiums.

  1. You let your adult child take your car when they moved to another state.

Car insurance companies expect to be informed about these changes.  If your daughter were in an accident, your insurer could say you concealed vital information about the vehicle’s location, deny your claim and cancel the policy. The better way, add the child’s name to the car’s title.  Then your child can buy insurance for the car in her own name and using her new address. This will also allow your child to register the car in her new state, which most states require.

  1. You sold your car to your son but still carry the insurance on it.

Not good. In general, you cannot carry insurance on a car in which you don’t have an “insurable interest.”  Typically those with an insurable interest are the car’s owners, lienholders and co-signers – meaning those who would be affected financially if something happens to the car.

Your child should buy car insurance for the vehicle.  If he’s still a minor, you may have to be on the policy with him.  Minors typically must have a parent or guardian involved in the auto insurance contract.

You could face problems submitting a claim if you have failed to tell your insurance company about the ownership change. Or worse, the car insurance company could say you hid the change as a scheme to get lower car insurance rates, which would qualify as insurance fraud and a reason for it to deny claims and cancel the policy.

  1. You are financing and insuring a car for a relative who lives out of state.

Auto finance companies want evidence that the car loan is in the same name as the insurance policy. Since you’re not the primary driver of the car, nor is the car at your residence, it is difficult, if not impossible, for you to insure the car.

You should contact the finance company to see if it will allow your relative to be the “named insured” on a policy.  If it agrees, your relative has the hurdle of finding an insurance company in her state that will permit her to insure a car she doesn’t own.  If she can find such a company, then she still has to list you and the finance company on the insurance as owner and lienholder, respectively.

If you carry insurance on the car without telling your insurer about the situation and your relative wrecks the vehicle, it’s very likely the accident wouldn’t be covered.  Your car insurance company is likely to call you out for misrepresenting who was driving the car and where it was located, and cancel the policy.

  1. You lend your car to a friend for a few months and don’t notify the insurance company.

Your car insurance policy typically will cover a friend who drives your car occasionally, but it’s a different story when you loan your car out for a long period. The car is now housed someplace other than your residence, and someone else is acting as the primary driver of the car — both circumstances your car insurance company wants to know about.

If your insurance company’s rules allow, you may be permitted to add your friend as a driver to your auto policy, but most car insurance companies don’t want to add a person outside of the household.  If that is the case, your friend should consider insuring the car.  Some insurance companies will allow someone to insure a car that he doesn’t own, as long as the owner is listed on the policy.

If your friend crashes your car, your insurer can deny claims because you concealed pertinent information about the “real” driver and vehicle location. That can leave you and your friend on the hook for damages he caused.

  1. You sold your car and the buyer is making payments but you’re still carrying the title and insurance.

Don’t keep your name and insurance on a car that another person possesses!

First, as the owner – because your name is still on the title — you have vicarious liability for the actions of the person driving the car that you “sold.”

Second, you’re paying for insurance but any claims might not be covered. Your car insurance policy normally covers cars and drivers of your household, not others.

If you’re in this situation, you should sign the title over to the new party. He can easily get insurance once he registers the car — and you will no longer be held responsible for his actions. To protect your interest in the car, make certain you’re listed as the lienholder on the car’s title and auto insurance policy.  That way you’ll be notified if he tries to sell the car or drop car insurance.

  1. You’re delivering pizzas with your personal vehicle.

Most personal auto insurance policies exclude coverage if you use the vehicle to deliver items, whether it’s pizza, newspapers, packages or medical supplies. Insurance companies see unsavory risk in delivery drivers because they are constantly on the road.

If you want to be paid to deliver items, you should change to a business-use or commercial car insurance policy. If you don’t and you get caught driving for deliveries, you’re on your own to compensate others for damages they sustained — and the damages to your own vehicle.

  1. You let an “excluded driver” drive your car.

Big mistake. When you put a named-driver exclusion on your policy it meant that the person listed is not covered under any circumstances and shouldn’t be driving your car.

So if that person gets behind the wheel of your car, even in an emergency, and causes an accident, you and the driver will be the ones to pay for any resulting injuries or property damage.

Hide your keys from any excluded driver in order to lower your risk of financial disaster.

  1. You bought a new car weeks ago and haven’t told your insurer.

If you traded in a vehicle, then your car insurance policy likely extends the same exact coverage to your new car for a limited time. This means if you bought only liability on your old car, your new car would only have liability coverage.

The deadline for informing your insurer about the new car varies by insurer, but is typically 14 to 30 days. Don’t bet on having automatic coverage, either; some car insurance companies don’t give you any.

And if you’re adding a car rather than replacing one, you should buy coverage for it before driving it off the lot.

If you’re outside the insurer’s automatic coverage period, or there is no extended coverage on your new car, and you’re in an accident, your insurance company won’t help you. You’ll be paying out-of-pocket for damages you do to your own car or others.

  1. You haven’t told your insurance company that your live-in girlfriend drives your car.

Insurance companies hate it when you “forget” to tell them about a driver who lives with you or regularly uses your car. Insurers can’t charge you correctly if they don’t know about all licensed household members, including a girlfriend or spouse.

If you recently got married or moved in with someone, let the insurance company know immediately and have the person added to your policy as a driver. If you fail to do so, don’t be surprised if claims are denied if they cause an accident, or if you’re asked to pay back premiums based on the additional driver.

If your car insurance company believes you were intentionally hiding the driver – say your girlfriend has a bad driving record — then it may say you committed fraud by means of misrepresentation. This means your car insurance company can cancel your policy.

Not sure what to do….Call SWFL Insurance Agency at 239-265-9577…We have good rates and know how to best insure your situation. Thanks much.

Scary Drivers……..How to Handle Road Rage

Image result for road rage car crashes

If you find that you have agitated another driver, whether the fault is truly yours or not, don’t react to or retaliate against the other driver on the road, according to Engaging with the other driver will only cause the situation to escalate. Remind yourself that the other driver is just bad at handling stress, avoid eye contact and continue to practice safe driving habits.

All you can do is be a considerate, aware driver who follows the rules of the road. While it may be difficult in the heat of the moment, don’t give in to feelings of anger or rage on the road. Think twice before you honk the horn or flip that finger, because you never know what may set off the person in the cars around you. Getting home or to work safely is more important than teaching someone a dangerous lesson.

Police say if you are involved in a road rage incident, stay in your car and call for help. If you can, drive to a well-lit area with people or to a local police or fire station.


Ways to avoid road rage encounters

Here are some additional pointers to help avoid road rage encounters:

  • Don’t assume other drivers are evil. Sometimes, people make mistakes, or they might be driving more slowly for a reason. Do not assume that they are driving slowly just to annoy you. Put yourself in the other driver’s shoes.
  • Don’t honk your horn insistently. It might make you feel better, but it’s really kind of silly. And when everyone does it in a traffic jam, it’s really annoying and increases everyone’s stress level.
  • If someone is tailgating you, don’t aggravate yourself and the other driver by playing cat and mouse with your speed. Move out of the way and let the other driver pass you.
  • Cranks some tunes, not the engine. Instead of listening to your own muttering, try listening to music as it can help keep you calm.
  • Leave space to pull around the car in front of you. This seems simple, but in heavy traffic, people tend to drive bumper-to-bumper. Leaving some wiggle room can reduce vulnerability if the driver in front of you gets aggressive. Allow at least a two-second space between your vehicle and the one ahead of you.
  • Try not to run late. When you’re in a hurry, your patience is short, and you’re much more likely to become aggravated. Try to give yourself a few extra minutes to get where you need to go.
  • Avoid cutting other drivers off in traffic.
  • Signal several hundred feet before you change lanes or make a turn.
  • Avoid making any gestures or eye contact with another driver.
  • Be courteous in the use of high-beam headlights.
  • Obey speed limits.
  • Drive in the right or middle lane; pass on the left.
  • Stop at stop signs and red lights; don’t run yellow lights.
  • Don’t block intersections.
  • Report any aggressive driving incidents to the police immediately.

Important note: Police and safety officials say drivers snapping pictures or videos of others is unsafe and could lead to dangerous road-rage incidents.

If you are prone to road rage

  • Get sufficient rest. Lack of sleep leads to loss of control.
  • Limit alcohol Alcohol can make you rageful, not to mention impair your driving in other ways.
  • Play soothing music. This can really help.
  • Be aware of your driving. Leon James, PhD, professor of psychology at the University of Hawaii and author of Road Rage and Aggressive Driving: Steering Clear of Highway Warfare, recommends watching yourself—what makes you angry, how long do you stay angry. Tell yourself, “It was not their fault—it was the guy in front of them.”
  • Put pictures of your loved ones on the dashboard. You want to come home to them.
  • Remember, this behavior can cost you in more ways than one. Road rage can have a high price tag even if no one is hurt or killed: tickets, lawyers, court costs, damage to vehicles, and higher insurance rates.

Don’t engage other drivers

  • Avoid engaging other drivers, even if they have done something to make you angry or vice versa.
  • Put as much distance between you and the other driver as possible and avoid making eye contact.
  • Never pull off a roadway to confront another driver.
  • Keep your doors locked and give yourself room at intersections to drive away.
  • If possible, take down the license plate number of the vehicle and report the driver’s behavior to police so they won’t hurt themselves or someone else.

Taken from By Jayleen R. Heft,

Fall Car Care In Fort Myers

It is important to care for your car all year long. When you live in Fort Myers, the fall months can be cold even though you will never see snow and ice. There may be rain, colder temperatures, fog, and various other weather conditions that can impact driving.

There are several things that you will want to have a mechanic check for you. This means you should schedule an appointment at a dealership or a local shop for such things as:

  • Tire inspection
  • Brake inspection
  • Battery check
  • HVAC inspection

All of these are important because they will help to make sure that your car is capable of handling everything that the fall and winter months are going to bring. Your tires need to have a good amount of tread on them. The PSI also needs to be checked periodically as the weather changes.

The brakes need to be inspected so that they are capable of stopping your car and the battery needs to be checked so that the connections are clean and corrosion free. If it has been a while since you replaced your battery, you may want to spend the money for a new battery so that it does not die without warning.

Your HVAC inspection is also going to tell you whether you need a new air filter, if your heating system is working properly, and ensure that the defroster is capable of clearing your windshield.

The more you do in the fall, the easier it will be to drive with confidence knowing that your car is capable of handling any weather and any road conditions.

At SWFL Insurance Agency Inc. we have some of the best independent insurance agents to help you with auto insurance. Let us guide you through the comparison process by getting you quotes from some of the top insurance companies throughout the state of Florida.

Do I need Uninsured Motorist Coverage if I have Health Insurance?

Here is the Question?

If I have Medicare or Health insurance, will it respond if I am injured in an auto accident? Do I need Uninsured Motorist coverage if I have Medicare or Health Insurance?

In Florida, your auto insurance policy should include Personal Injury Protection (PIP-No Fault), Medical Payments, Bodily Injury and Property Damage Liability Coverage and Uninsured Motorist Coverage.

If you or a family member were injured in the accident, the first coverage to respond is PIP, which will provide reimbursement for medical bills and lost wages up to a typical coverage amount of $ 10,000. (other options are available). Medical payments would reimburse medical expenses up to the purchased limit of coverage (typically- $ 5,000). You would then be able to submit claims to your Health Insurance carrier for medical bills ONLY.  You would want to let your Health carrier know about the accident immediately so that they could co ordinate benefits going forward.  So, yes your medical insurance will respond if you were injured in an auto accident……..However, medical bills are only a part of the TOTAL COSTS of being injured. The following is a list of costs actually incurred by a real person, who we will call Bill.

Bill has Liability Limits of $ 50,000/$100,000., Basic PIP ($10,000.), Medical Payments ($5,000.) and UM of $ 50,000./$ 100,000. As a result of an accident the following expenses and losses were incurred by Bill.

  • $75,000 for prior medical bills.
  • $175,000 for future medical bills.
  • $20,000 for prior lost wages.
  • $300,000 for future lost wages.
  • $1,000 for a wheelchair since Bill is unable to walk now.
  • $10,000 for future wheelchairs.
  • $30,000 for a special van to transport Bill and his wheel chair.
  • $90,000 for future vans.
  • $20,000 to retrofit the house to accommodate the wheel chair.
  • $25,000 for a yard service for Bill’s remaining life expectancy, since he is unable to cut the yard now.
  • $100,000 for future pain and suffering.
  • $100,000 for the loss of “family comfort” with his wife.
  • $100,000 for the loss of the ability to coach youth softball.
  • $200,000 for future loss of the enjoyment of life.

Bill is able to collect $ 65,000. from his auto carrier.  So…..what choices does Bill now have. If he were not at fault in the accident, and did not purchase Uninsured Motorist coverage at adequate coverage limits, he will have to hire a lawyer, wait…..and share any recovery with the attorney. BUT…..what if he had purchased Liability Limits and Stacked UM coverage of $250k/$500k and he owned three cars with the same coverage?   He would have $ 750,000 of Bodily Injury Liability Coverage available to pay his claim for damages. All of the items noted above could be paid by his carrier.

The PROBLEM…….Remember, In Florida, a driver is not required to have or prove any auto insurance coverage in order to receive a driver’s license.  Second, a driver in Florida is only required to have Personal Injury Protection (PIP-No Fault) and Property Damage Liability coverage to register a vehicle.  He is not required to purchase or carry Bodily Injury Liability coverage until after he causes a serious loss.

So, Let’s read that again……Florida Law does not require Bodily Injury Liability coverage on your vehicle until after you are at fault in an accident. This is why Uninsured Motorist Coverage exists…….It is estimated that about 24% of the vehicles and drivers on Florida’s roads are Uninsured, about 1 in 4.  

Protect your family, always purchase Uninsured Motorist at the same limits as your Bodily Injury limits….Always purchase Stacked UM limits…the cost is small, but the potential benefit is huge.  

Call SWFL Insurance Agency, Inc. for a complete review of your Personal Auto policy and a No Obligation premium proposal.









3 Tips for Planning an Inexpensive Road Trip Starting from Fort Myers, FL

Road trips are a lot of fun, and they don’t have to break the bank. At SWFL Insurance Agency, Inc. we have compiled a few tips on planning a budget friendly road trip. See if they could help you save money the next time you head out of Fort Myers, FL on the freeway.

Taking an Inexpensive Road Trip

Road trips can be tailored to almost any budget. In many cases, you can trim a road trip’s budget without sacrificing its excitement or fun. Here are our tips on how to go on an inexpensive road trip:

  • stay with family or friends who are within a day’s drive of Fort Myers
  • pack your own food and beverages
  • drive the speed limit to improve your vehicle’s fuel economy

Checking Your Auto Insurance Policy

Since we’re an insurance agency, we’d be remiss if we didn’t remind you to check your auto insurance policy before taking off on a road trip. Specifically, you should confirm that your policy will cover anyone who will be driving your vehicle. Some policies limit who can drive the covered vehicle. If yours does, you may need to shop for a new policy before hitting the open road.

Finding an auto insurance policy that provides the coverage you need on a road trip is easy with an insurance agent. At our agency, we have independent insurance agents who can help you search every policy available in Florida to find the most affordable one. In just a few moments, our agents can have quotes from several different insurers for you to review. You’ll be able to choose the least expensive one.

To contact one of our agents, you can either reach us through our website or by calling our office. However you get in touch with us, our agents are ready to help you.